My Recovery Disc Experience...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jeremysdad, Feb 3, 2009.

1. jeremysdad

jeremysdad

Was pleasant. Run disc 1, insert disc 2 when prompted, reinsert disc 1 when propmted. Formats partition, and copies files to C:. Restarts, and then you go through the setup process again (like when you bought your One). Slightly annoying to re-delete all of the bloatware, but no big deal. If you have made a backup of your files and stuff (like we all should), then within an hour, you will be back to exactly how you were when you crashed/accidentally deleted your install/got virus, etc.

A note that I had been curious about: For those of us who are dual-booting another Windows OS, the recovery discs will not wipe out your other installation. It only touches your C: partition, it didn't even touch my data (D:) or Win 7 (E:). Not sure about Linux; I would assume that since Windows won't recognize Ext 2 or 3 partitions, then neither would these discs...

jeremysdad, Feb 3, 2009
  2. jeremysdad

k1221n

Where did you get the recovery discs ?

k1221n, Feb 14, 2009
  3. jeremysdad

jeremysdad

From Acer. Had to call and order them, per the related thread in this section.

jeremysdad, Feb 14, 2009
  4. jeremysdad

k1221n

If you dont mind my asking,what did they charge for the disks ?

k1221n, Feb 17, 2009
  5. jeremysdad

jeremysdad

They were free. Some people have been charged for them. It's supposed to be covered under a 90 day software warranty. Just keep trying until you get a knowledgeable CSR. Some seem to know that they can send them for free, some don't.

jeremysdad, Feb 17, 2009
  6. jeremysdad

MiniDrivr

What kind of external dvd drive are you using or did you network a drive off another computer?

MiniDrivr, Feb 18, 2009
Ask a Question