my monitor is too bright! (p221 W LCD Monitor)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Sixten, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Sixten

Sixten

i have this morning bought a new monitor (P221 W LCD Monitor) for my xbox 360, its working and all (well.. working? not rly...)

the problem is, that its WAY too bright
    i cant see anything if the sun is shining on a object in a game, its all white.. simply white. for instance, gta 4, i was driving in my car, i was surrounded by hight flats, so i was driving in the shadow, but then i came into open space, where the sun was shining, and i suddenly crashed, i looked back and when i moved my camera a bit odd, i suddenly saw a object. i couldnt see the object when i was driving because the sun was shining on it! i think that that isnt mend to be like that

i tried to select different pre-setted display's in menu (the ones where you can choose out "user, text, graphics (which i think is mend for gaming), movies" but those didnt helped

i also tried to solve it by ajusting the brightness and the contrast at the menu by hand, but that didnt worked either
    and i also tried it by adjusting the brightness and contrast settings in the games itself, and also at the main panel of my xbox 360, nothing worked

the only thing that changed was that the are around the bright areas were getting greyer or less bright, but the too bright areas itself kept too bright :/

none of it helps, i still see the whiteness, only grey now

does any1 got similar problems or knows a solve of it? please respond

Sixten, Jan 10, 2009
  2. Sixten

meng

Welcome to the forum! While I'm sure some of the forum users here have Xbox 360s, did you consider looking for an Xbox 360 forum rather than an Acer netbook forum?

meng, Jan 10, 2009
  3. Sixten

Sixten

well, not rly

its a good idea to post this thread also on a xbox 360 forum, but i think that its a problem in my monitor instead of the xbox 360

but i will post this thread on a xbox forum 2

Sixten, Jan 10, 2009
  4. Sixten

meng

Okay, I see now. Even though your monitor is an Acer monitor, almost all of the technical discussion here is about a single Acer product, the Aspire One netbook. Maybe someone here does have some experience with that particular monitor, but don't be disappointed if no-one's heard of it!

meng, Jan 10, 2009
  5. Sixten

Sixten

okj, i understand

do you know any other acer forum where they talk more about the monitors area of acer?

Sixten, Jan 10, 2009
  6. Sixten

jackluo923

Try lowering down both the contrast and brightness.

jackluo923, Jan 11, 2009
  7. Sixten

Sixten

i already said that i tried that, didnt worked

i have located the problem, its the VGA cabel of my xbox 360

because im right now using my new monitor for my computer, and its working perfect

so im gonna buy a HD-mi cabel soon

Sixten, Jan 11, 2009
  8. Sixten

naeemsta

hmm there is a new cable called

HD AV VGA cable buy that its bit expensive but that is the thing you need and also
    you should had tried lowering your brightness settings from your NXE dashboard :D i own a 360 elite so i know this lol.

naeemsta, Jan 16, 2009
  9. Sixten

sagebrush

WHAT THE F....!!!!!!

THIS ISNT AN X BOX FORUM !!!!!!!!!!

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS TO KICK THESE FREELOADER OFF HERE... GEAZUS...

sagebrush, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question