My Acer Aspire One will not properly connect to the Internet

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SPNorth, May 25, 2009.

1. SPNorth

SPNorth

I purchased this notebook roughly a month and a half ago which came bundled with Linux Lite which i happily got rid of because its not a good operating system for a Windows orientated person. I upgraded it to Windows Vista Home Premium and the installation was a success and i've installed all the drivers but it still wont connect to the internet. Sure it'll connect to the internet but wont let me browse so i don't know. Any help ?

Also, i've already got the Atheros & Realtek Drivers installed on my Acer Aspire One A150-AW Netbook.
    Any help will be great.
    Thanks.

SPNorth, May 25, 2009
  2. SPNorth

Vapourstreak

when you hover your mouse over the internet icon , does it say local only , or local and internet ?

Vapourstreak, May 25, 2009
  3. SPNorth

SPNorth

Just says Local

SPNorth, May 25, 2009
  4. SPNorth

Vapourstreak

then it`s not connecting to the internet , only your local network . i suggest you try to reinstall the drivers ? if that doesn`t work , try installing it manually using the device manager , and pointing it to the downloaded driver files.

let me know if you have any more problems : )

Vapourstreak, May 31, 2009
Ask a Question