my AA1 wont turn on

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by rollerboy, Sep 26, 2008.

1. rollerboy

rollerboy

I was doing the hard-drive mod on my computer and after putting everything back together it would not turn on. It's not like the problems some people have in which the screen wont turn on. The only sign of life was the orange light which stayed on for one second [when plugged in] and the light also went green to tell me the battery was full. Pressing the power button does absolutely nothing other than make the click sound [lol]. It could have been almost anything, a short circuit maybe, I even left it dissembled overnight since it was really late. What do I do now? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I'm waiting on a response from this forum before I do anything. Thanks in advance.

rollerboy, Sep 26, 2008
  2. rollerboy

Lagesek

Same here after upgrading the memory. I read in another thread that someone had luck with taking the cmos battery out, starting it up then powering off putting battery back in. This works for me but then 10 mins later I am back to same symptom. Power light flashes for a sec then right off.

I have removed the memory and done the battery removal a few times to no avail. If anyone has any further suggestions I would be open to trying :)

Lagesek, Sep 30, 2008
  3. rollerboy

bc143

hi all
    my aa1 will turn on but after a very short moment, with window running, a click (HDD, i think )sound then it shuts itself. I was able to reboot n check bios (nothing much can do) then load up windows again then window ask which mode i wannbe. but it shut again after load up window n with the click sound again.
    getting desparate. once load up window i try chkdsk in dos then it found error then chkdsk/f twice it seems ook now just wonder anyone had this experience b4 or not?
    many thanks

bc143, Sep 30, 2008
  4. rollerboy

Lagesek

Sounds like the same problem here. I am going to call Acer today, but since I upgraded the memory I am not holding my breath on warranty.

Lagesek, Sep 30, 2008
  5. rollerboy

rollerboy

I was really hoping this works because I did not want to ship my AA1 to Acer[I hate doing that sort of thing]. I didn't even get 10 min of hope :oops: . Oh well I'll be shipping it back to acer, I hope they don't make a big deal about me opening it, if they do I'm dead. Good luck to you.

rollerboy, Oct 1, 2008
  6. rollerboy

MeneerBob

Another one here. Upgraded mem a few weeks ago, running fine without problems. Today I was working on the AA1, suddenly it went of, and it won't turn on anymore. Same problem as above, powerled goes green for about a second, then dies. This happens with and without the battery, and/or powersupply. I don't like this :(

MeneerBob, Oct 2, 2008
  7. rollerboy

MeneerBob

Hm, I left the AA1 for about a day without power or battery, then putthe battery back in, pressed the on button... and.. it died. Tried pressing the on button another 5 or 6 times, and it started working again :mrgreen:

MeneerBob, Oct 4, 2008
  8. rollerboy

Cesium

Ive recenly had the same problem. I know that my battery is fully charged. I try and turn the thing on and it starts up, but it shuts down at various points during the startup sequence. It doesn't crash- it just totally dies and the battery light goes orange. It'll do this when running on ac power as well. After 5 or 6 of these episodes, it'll get all the way through and everything is good again. Many of the shut downs occur while the network manager is trying to start up= but it's not consistently at this point every single time. Sometimes it occurs on the acer one splash screen. Anybody else seeing this issue?

edit

happened again, but this time I had my dsl startup usb drive. Funny thing is, starting up in dsl still resulted in the exact same issues. Starts up and then shuts off. Seems to be os independent. Must be a hardware issue of some kind?

Cesium, Oct 6, 2008
  9. rollerboy

serverius

I am having the same prob on my AAO15o with XP, also did a mem upgrade a few weeks ago and it ran fine, and this morning i also had this problem. :( :(
    During boot it gives a click and then nothing, it just stops.

Anybody have a solution for this because i dont want to send it back.

Kind regards,

Jimmy

UPDATE : Ok contacted acer and they are going to come and pick it up, tried everything but it just keeps crashing.
    hope they send it back to me very fast.

serverius, Dec 3, 2008
  10. rollerboy

r0underss

same problem, my computer is better now, i've used my warrenty the Biggest Hassel of all, so i'll let you guys know before anything, first off, if you extended your warrenty you have to goto "future shop" example and tell them you want a pre-paid box first or let them delivery to you, make sure u have them contact acer then express post and u would have to let them come to your house and for you to drop it off to them, make sure u got to register first online www.fixmyacer.com it came back stating that my motherboard had problems so they changed acouple of things inside and sent it back, the couple of things was that some wired was loose but they melt it back together and it took exactly 20days for me to get my computer back from the hassel with the box the register till the end.. so i advise u to send it to acer... only solution or u do it yourself but might cause more problems if u don't know what ur doing

r0underss, Dec 5, 2008
Ask a Question