More problems with Acer 5742z

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Beemac, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Beemac

Beemac

I had great help with a problem before, a\nd was wondering if anyone can shed light on this new one, well not so new in fact. My recovery disk worked well and I could get out of that F2/F12 loop thing, but it didn;t last and despite redoing things, inevitably it reverted to type, so it was decided to take it back to factory default. The first bit went fine, in all about 16 minutes to reset the defaults. But on th erebooting of Windows 7, there are 32 steps and my laptop has been stuck on pstep 27 - reinstalling MS office 2010 for about 10 hours now, with no progress. Argh! Anyone suggest something (beyond my own idea of just SMASHING THE DAMN THING!!!!)

Beemac, Jul 22, 2014
  2. Beemac

something back

something back, Jul 23, 2014
  3. Beemac

Beemac

Guys I need more help with this one.... I realised this laptop was a bit messed up so took it back to basics. My partner had installed Office 2010 through one of those company licence schemes as a download but now the company's only ofering 2013 professional, so when it goes into first use setup mode, gets to step 27 and can't find MS Office 2010 so goes into that loop. Question is, can I install Pro 2013 in its place and HOW DO I DO IT WHEN THE THING'S STUCK IN THAT LOOP? Do I have to go into Command prompt and install from there? I know it's taken one long time to get back to the roblem, but it frankly made me mad so I put the laptop away before I thrw it off the wall lol

Beemac, Oct 29, 2014
  4. Beemac

Beemac

Just an update friends. I finally realised I was somehow punching above my weight and took the laptop to a shop. They sorted Windows, reinstalling it and also put drivers and antivirus on it for me - and all for £40!

Beemac, Dec 13, 2014
Ask a Question