Monitor won't restart when on wall power

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mattx, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mattx

mattx

When I'm running on battery I close the lid and the machine suspends. Opening the lid and pressing any button resumes.

However if I close the lid while the machine is plugged in it does NOT suspend but the monitor shuts off as expected. But in this situation when I open the lid the monitor will not come back on. I have to hold the power switch until the machine hard reboots.

Is there a setting I can change to fix this? I saw this on two different aspire ones so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

mattx, Feb 18, 2009
  2. mattx

mattx

This behavior started happenning when the unit is not on A/C power as well.
    It is so infuriating I ended up just restoring it to factory defaults using the recovery software.
    No big deal since I hadn't had the unit long enough to have alot on it.

So there is still no explanation for this and it still happens on A/C power.
    As I said before this was the case for both of the aspireones I have owned right out of the box.

Try it and see. Just close the lid while the unit is plugged in and wait a few seconds. If your machine is like mine the monitor will turn off but the machine will keep going (you can hear the typical noisy aspireone fan). When you open the lid the monitor will not reenable and the power light will still be green. Pressing the power button or keyboard keys will not re-enable the monitor.

mattx, Feb 23, 2009
  3. mattx

dmaxf

Experiencing the same problem. Anyone have any luck finding a solution?

dmaxf, Feb 24, 2009
  4. mattx

Graffight

I was having the same problem, it seems to have something to do with standby, i've seen it happen on other computers as well. i don't know how to fix it perse' but to work around i went into the ctrl pannel/power settings, and changed what happens when i close the lid. now i make it so closing the lid does nothing instead of standby and i haven't had the problem anymore.

Graffight, Mar 9, 2009
Ask a Question