Monitor on standby during startup

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pievaluation, Jan 25, 2010.

1. pievaluation

pievaluation

Hi there

I have just purchased a Acer M7721 today and wanted to install my own Windows 7 license on it as it came with the Home Premium edition.

However, when I pop my DVD in the drive and restart my computer, the screen remains on standby until Windows has booted and is asking me for my password.

Is there any way to enable this PC to show the boot up sequence so I know when to push what in order to boot the DVD.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards

Tim

pievaluation, Jan 25, 2010
  2. pievaluation

leokendall

my d250 is the same, nothing from the lcd display untill windows have loaded. windows xp b-t-w.
    if hooked up an external monitor can see the post and boot screen then but only on the external monitor.
    Just wondering if you found a solution??

leokendall, Apr 30, 2010
  3. pievaluation

Swarvey Moderator

My D250 is the same, but with an exception. The POST screen only appears from a cold boot. From a power-off state. If i'm doing a standard reboot from within windows, the POST screen doesn't appear. This could be by design in that the system has already booted and probably bypasses some tests to decrease reboot times.

I haven't played with my BIOS in a while, but I there could be an option to set the screen on initial boot to use an external screen.

It could also be something to do with the LCD switch on the keyboard. If it has been set to use an external screen in the past, and that screen merely detached before acually switching back, it could be altering something on a hardware level.

Swarvey, May 1, 2010
  4. pievaluation

leokendall

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20466

My topic, just like yours.

Last night my netbook repaired itself (knock on wood). It was like what your describing for almost 2 weeks.

leokendall, May 5, 2010
Ask a Question