Mobile Partner hangs on "Connecting"

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DiscoStu, Apr 19, 2009.

1. DiscoStu

DiscoStu

I've got a A110 and I'm trying to connect to 3 mobile broadband using a Huawei E220.

I've updated the firmware in the modem and copied the settings from my XP laptop (where the modem works fine) into Mobile Partner.

When I hit the connect button, I get the solid blue light on the modem that you usually get when it's connected, but it just hangs on the box saying "Connecting". I've left it for about 15 minutes and nothing else happens.

Any ideas?

DiscoStu, Apr 19, 2009
  2. DiscoStu

redkop

its a problem with the live update, but if you click on your firefox you will see its working and you can surf the net

redkop, Apr 19, 2009
  3. DiscoStu

BobSlader

You're right, it's caused by the live update of the 15th April. It does connect successfully. I logged a case with ACER support who suggested that I remove the patches using live update history - all patches are marked as critical so you can't remove them. If anyone knows how to do it then I'd appreciate some advice. Acer have ignored all my follow up emails.

BobSlader, May 3, 2009
  4. DiscoStu

G3SNA

Select History on the bottom left of the Live Update window. Then select the Huawei update (180082) and click remove. Then reinstall the update using a WiFi connection. Reboot and try again. It should work OK. :D Solved!!

G3SNA, May 6, 2009
  5. DiscoStu

r1d1

@G3SNA

Does this restore Mobile Partner's usage logging etc ? (I'm at work just now, so can't try it myself just yet :x )

Thanks in advance.

r1d1, May 6, 2009
  6. DiscoStu

pms5

Brilliant!
    Worked for me.
    Worth mentioning though that the originally update is numbered differently (I think it was 180072). It turns into 180082 when you reinstall it.
    Thanks for that G3SNA. Been bugging me - a lot.

pms5, May 6, 2009
  7. DiscoStu

melhiore

@G3SNA.

Impressive collection of PCs behind you ;)

73! de M0GHC

melhiore, May 6, 2009
  8. DiscoStu

G3SNA

With regard to profiles and usage you lose all the data when you remove the update. You have to start again. :(

Been looking at qrz.com I see :geek:

G3SNA, May 6, 2009
  9. DiscoStu

r1d1

Brilliant :D

Removed the intalled update and reinstalled the newer version - everything now works perfectly, logging and usage stats included.

Thanks folks - this should be a "How To "

r1d1, May 8, 2009
  10. DiscoStu

alevichron

Excellent...
    Worked for me on a E156G from Huawei with aa1 110
    note needed to reinstall wifi password afterwards tho' ?
    Much Thanks

alevichron, May 10, 2009
  11. DiscoStu

karenbee

Hi

I have also been having the same problem and when I called Acer they told me to return AA1 to factory settings by re-installing! I didn't bother as a) I don't know how and b) it is connecting so I thought it wasn't necessary.

My problem seems slightly different though. I knew it was the update in April that caused the trouble. But when I go onto Live Update history, the latest update is called patch for Network Manager 180048 installed on 22nd April. But it says it is a critical update and when I select it I am then unable to remove it as the remove button greys out. Any suggestions?

thanks

Karen

karenbee, May 13, 2009
  12. DiscoStu

karenbee

Hi again

Ignore my previous post!! I was being silly! I found the correct update and removed it, re-installed, re-booted and everything is now fine again.
    That has really really been bugging me - so thanks very much for that. :mrgreen:

karenbee, May 13, 2009
  13. DiscoStu

RyanPilot

Should I restore to factory settings?

I got Mobile Partner with the live update and ignored the hanging on connecting and it all worked fine. About a week after Mobile Partner disappeared entirely. If I run live update again it tells me that I'm fully updated and if I go to update history it tells me that the update list cannot be retrieved.

It feels like my computer is running some sort of conspiracy against me and covering up the truth about Mobile Partner. I can't find somewhere to download Mobile Partner for Linux either, the Huawei has it, but only for Windows and Mac.

I'm surviving on WiFi connections here and there at the moment, can anyone help please?

RyanPilot, May 13, 2009
  14. DiscoStu

anguaji

my machine won't let me see the history of updates... is there any other way to uninstall and reinstall mobile partner?

what a nuisance.

anguaji, May 14, 2009
  15. DiscoStu

mintymiller

But what if the history file isn't available? I get an internal error message saying that the updates list cannot be retrieved.
    Anyway, even though it hangs, it does still make a connection; problem is that usage isn't recorded, which can be an issue with prepaid and roaming. Also why is Acer's Linpus support so terrible?

mintymiller, Aug 13, 2009
Ask a Question