Messenger Sign In Error Message

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aje99999, Jan 22, 2009.

1. aje99999

aje99999

Hello All,
    Really hope someone can help me out here I have the AAO running Linpus lite and am very happy with it, all updates done and works pretty much like a dream so far. The one problem I have and its not everytime but when I log into messenger using the messenger service using my windows live account it more often than not trys to log in then gives me the following error message "Messenger Invalid Certificate Chain. The certificate chain present for Contacts.msn.com is not Valid" I then click on OK and it then trys to still log in but doesnt. If I then stop it trying to log in and goto accounts settings and edit my windows live account to use a "Windows Messenger Compatible Service" by ticking that box it then will log me in but I cant see my previous conversations or history, or use video chat etc Whereas when it does accept my login without having to tick the use the "Windows Messenger Compatible Service" box I can use all of these services with no problem. I would say I am having this proble 8 out of 10 times when i log in. It appears it sometimes just wont properley log me into Windows Live and Im having to use some sort of compatible service instead that doesnt have all the bells and whistles, if being unable to log in was due to windows changing something then i would of thought it would fail everytime but it doesnt just intermittently ??
    If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful...BTW Congratulations on a great forum..loads of good info on here..
    Adey

aje99999, Jan 22, 2009
  2. aje99999

woogal

Microsoft have recently changed things. You'll have to wait for either Microsoft to fix whatever they've changed, or Acer to release a new version of Messenger.

woogal, Jan 22, 2009
  3. aje99999

aje99999

Hey Woogal thanks for the prompt reply..Sorry this may sound stupid but Im a Linux Newbie but if Microsoft have changed things wouldnt it stop me logging in directly to Windows Messenger Live with all its added whistles and bells Everytime ?? rather than just some of the time :?:

aje99999, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question