Memory Stick Pro into multi card reader on RHS?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dtregear, May 28, 2009.

1. dtregear

dtregear

Newbie question and I've not found the answer here yet or in the manual. My friend's camera has failed and I'm trying to read her Memory Stick Pro on my AAO running XP (note it's not a Memory Stick Duo Pro, I know you need an adapter for that).

The MSP is narrower than the slot on the RHS and no matter how I try the card in the slot (labelling on top, or upside down, to one side or the other) it won't stay in the card reader with a click and isn't recognised by XP. I don't want to be brutal with it until I know what I'm doing. So which way up does the card go in (writing on top or underneath)? Do I aim for the middle of the slot or to one side? How hard do I need to push it to get it to click in, stay in and be recognised?

Thank you.

dtregear, May 28, 2009
  2. dtregear

JD7

My sony phone uses mem stick pro for additional storage. It has an adaptor to allow accessing MSP's in 5 in 1 readers. I bought additional msp's and the adaper was included in them also

JD7, Jul 2, 2009
Ask a Question