Memory Expansion Doesn't Work Like I Expect

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ftapon, Sep 27, 2008.

1. ftapon

solpuerto

Hi ndirons

Yes that is the link. It may be worth trying a Format with the Panasonic version and if it is only for data FAT 32 will do.

Just in case, though I think it only applies to people who have modified the standard desktop, look at this link viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4931

Best wishes

solpuerto, Jan 20, 2009
  2. ftapon

Revyloution

I just picked up my shiny new aspire one. Its blue. I like it.

I found your forum doing a search for the storage expansion slot. I'm having a bit of trouble with it too.

It shows up as a 'D' drive, and I cannot write files to it. Im using the XP operating system, but i plan on installing Ubuntu soon (or should I install the acer version of linux?) Reading the other posts in this thread, it should just expand the space of the C drive, but it only reads 3g with the storage expansion slot filled.

When I try to remove the 8G SD card from the slot labeled 'Storage Expansion" It gets halfway out and wont come any further. I didn't want to break it so I didnt try to force it out.

Thanks.

Edit, found the solution to the stuck expansion card here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10837

Revyloution, Feb 27, 2009
  3. ftapon

kc7cc

kc7cc, Apr 5, 2009
Ask a Question