Media Master-PLEASE HELP !

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jamesliz, May 18, 2009.

1. jamesliz

jamesliz

I did a stupid thing and I hope someone can help. I have steadfastly stayed away from making any changes on my Linux Aspire One because I know NOTHING about Linux. I did upgrade to Firefox3 and the new Open Office thanks to detailed instructions from this site. However, in an attempt to get a better media player I followed Macles' detailed instructions and put in VLC, version 0.9.5. As instructed in his first step, I deleted the mplayer part of Acer's Media Master. I made no backups. VLC doesn't play DVDs from my external Samsung usb DVD drive which Media Master played flawlessly. VLC completely locks up.

In a panic to rectify this problem, I installed smplayer which also doesn't work because it won't recognize my usb dvd drive in the config drive section. SO I AM STUCK! Can someone send me the file to put the complete Acer Media Master back in with detailed instructions on how to do this, or offer a solution. I loved using the Aspire One as a DVD movie viewer. I would just plug in the usb DVD drive, pop in DVD, Media Master would automatically start and play my DVD. I want that again. Why won't VLC play DVDs? Someone said that VLC version 0.8.7 does play DVD's but I don't know how to find it, how to remove the VLC 0.9, install previous version and need DETAILED instructions how to do all of this including adding any icons to the destop. But my first choice is to go back to Media Master. Thanks, Jim

jamesliz, May 18, 2009
Ask a Question