max battery life

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by smex, Sep 16, 2008.

1. smex

smex

How to achieve max battery life?
    Is there any utility to turn off all unnecessary devices? for example if I only need Word for typing, what all devices can be turned off? I can turn it off manually, but I would prefer something like “profile” with warious setting depending on actual work…

thanx

smex, Sep 16, 2008
  2. smex

chowwuikeung

I'm guessing the only thing you can do, it turn off the wireless using the button from the bottom right of the keyboard. All other devices seem mandatory to function.

To be on the safe side, I wouldn't expect more than 1 hour of mobile work from AA1 if I want to play it safe. I don't think the AA1 can do more than 2 hours when under heavy usage.

I'm planning to buy the 6 cell battery when it becomes available, so I can do more on the go.

chowwuikeung, Sep 16, 2008
  3. smex

jrinco11

using the 3 cell battery, with wifi on, and using BatteryEaterPro, I was able to get just over 2 hours of use. Under 'moderate' usage, such as word, firefox, and notepad, while on the internet via teathered cell phone via usb (but not charging the phone at the same time), I get right about 2hrs 30 minutes. (you can see the battery eater pro results in the review in my sig).

Being that battery life is pretty linear with cell increase (from what I've read from other people), the 6 cell should get you roughly double that.

(on a side note, it also takes about 2hrs 20min to recharge from 0% to 100% with it powered on)

jrinco11, Sep 19, 2008
  4. smex

emmele

Someone now where I can by the bigger battery ?

emmele, Sep 21, 2008
Ask a Question