Mac OS X on Acer Aspire AO722-C6Ckk Netbook

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rudro2009, May 7, 2012.

1. rudro2009

rudro2009

After googling for several days like a maaaad, it seems like nobody ever tried to install Mac OS X on OA722-C6Ckk netbook. It also seems like i'm the first human being in the whole wide world who's trying to install Mac OS on this netbook :-( May be i'm wrong. If anyone did it, i humbly request you to share this so that i can also do it.

After downloading 7 or 8 bootloaders i was able to boot with this version "iBoot-Legacy v.2.7.2", but the main problem is i don't know which distro is gonna work right with this netbook. I've tried two distros: "iPC_OSx86_10.5.6" & "Snow.Leopard.10.6.1-10.6.2.SSE2.SSE3.Intel.AMD" by HAZARD for AMD but failed to install and now i'm downloading "iDeneb_v1.6_1058 Lite Edition" & "iATKOS_v7" without knowing they're gonna work or not but the thing is its not possible for me to download all Goddam distros to try whether any one of them is gonna work on this stupid netbook. Please if any one of you have done it before then help me, I'm pretty much freaked out!!!

My Specs: CPU= AMD 1Ghz Dual Core C60 APU, Memory= 2GB DDR 3, Graphics= AMD Radeon 6290, Built-in Bluetooth,wifi,webcam, Conexant HD Audio

rudro2009, May 7, 2012
  2. rudro2009

viago2

hi, it would upset apple mac very much if their awesome software could be run on pc based hardware. so afaik you wont be able to.
    interestingly, you can run windows on a mac. many mac owners partition their hard drive and load windows on in order to run the much cheaper ms office and other add-ons.
    i will be very interested to know if you are successful.

viago2, May 8, 2012
  3. rudro2009

goingloco

Generally Macs that can be run with a Windows partition, can only work if they have an Intel CPU as your laptop/netbook (probably the former) has an AMD CPU it will not work. So the answer is do not waste your time, I am sure many people would try to do the same if it was possible.

goingloco, May 9, 2012
  4. rudro2009

rudro2009

Thanks! i'll let you know.

rudro2009, May 12, 2012
  5. rudro2009

rudro2009

Dont say that, don't make us AMD users frustrated. I successfully installed hackintosh on my netbook which has got an AMD C-60 APU! If you want to know i can tell you how to do it. Hackintosh developers have made huge changes on their new distros. I installed hackintosh with MBR partition table now how you gonna describe this? i really did it and also many people those who use AMD processor they are also doing this. Watch some youtube videos on it you'll get the proof also there are lots of Mac forums check these out then you believe i'm telling you the truth :)

rudro2009, May 28, 2012
  6. rudro2009

rudro2009

Viago2 man! Finally i did it with iATKOS_v7 and also with iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition without any custom bootloader it just booted from the dvd and when install success meggage came and pc restarted before first run i used two bootflags for this netbook
    "busratio=8 -v" typed it without parentheses then BOOM! i got a running mac on my Aspire One netbook!!!

rudro2009, May 28, 2012
  7. rudro2009

Narkissos

Wow, congrats! Is everything (wifi, sound etc) functional?

Narkissos, Jun 8, 2012
  8. rudro2009

SAILENCIO

Good afternoon, first of all excuse me for my English I speak Spanish and I'm using google translator.

I have an acer aspire one 722 and am trying to install osx you could tell me how you get it?

I could not load the installer but not if I select the correct drivers and I have to do to work Wlan, audio, ethernet ....

I hope you can help me. thanks

SAILENCIO, Jul 20, 2012
  9. rudro2009

Porter

This tutorial inspired by rudro2009 allows you to install osx on the Acer Aspire One 722 c60:

Software needed:
    EasyBCD
    USBit
    iatkos v7 iso
    iboot 2.7.2 iso
    Hardware:
    1 USB Stick (8gb)
    note: no external dvd drive required!

- empty partition min 20gb

#1 use USBit to copy iatkos v7 to your usb stick (restore function)
    #2 use easybcd to create a bootmenu option "boot from iso" with the iboot 2.7.2 iso selected (filename must not contain spaces)
    #3 in bios set sata mode to AHCI
    #4 insert usb stick and boot your ao722; press f12 for boot menu
    #5 boot the iboot 2.7.2 entry you just created
    #6 select iatkos v7 and boot with option "busratio=8 -v"
    #7 osx installer starts up, use menu to format empty partition
    #8 customize install to that partition:
    kernel: 9.5.0
    drivers: ati - ati hd
    system: sata ahci, ati sata / ide
    ps/2 mouse keyboard: voodoo ps/2
    enable usb
    your language
    #9 this install crashed for me at around 70% !
    #10 when booted again iboot was gone i was in chameleon where i installed again iatkos (do again "customize") from the usb stick (i didnt do busratio=8 this time), install successfully finished
    #11 reboot and launch with "busratio=8" from chameleon; osx is running (requires some post install config tho)

• in case it doesnt work try this bootoption: "busratio=8 -x arch=i386" -x (safe mode) & arch=i386 (force 32bit)
    • after some reboots i lost the touchpad functionality but a plugged in logitech usb mouse works

Note: The newly installed chameleon bootloader seems to have destroyed my previous win8 installation. so try at your own risk and backup everything before!

Porter, Aug 17, 2012
  10. rudro2009

nibiru

Tried without success, both with iatkos v7 (10.5) and Mountain Lion (made from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281192).

In both cases, I can't get past a psychedelic screen with lots of flashing colors :) it seems to unlike the VGA.

I tried many options, but nothing worked.

Slightly OT: My recovery partition has been wiped out after trying to restore Windows to a SSD (it was not lost due to OSX since I can't even boot it :))).

Anyone so kind to make an image of it and upload somewhere? It seems impossible to recreate it without asking Acer.

Obviously I didn't make a restore disk, I tried with other disks from Acer found on the net but they didn't work.

Thanks for reading! :)

nibiru, Sep 1, 2012
  11. rudro2009

Porter

i also found iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition to be working.

everything after 10.5.8 seems to have problems on AMD architecture. therefore i wouldnt recommend to go with mountain lion.

how far did you get with your installation? (i had no problem with the colors but you might want to try some bootflags for the installer, eg http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99891 )

i bought my netbook without os. but you can put a windows 7 or 8 iso with the "windows 7 usb/dvd download tool" by microsoft on an usb stick and install it from there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    Porter, Sep 1, 2012
  12. rudro2009

nibiru

Sorry for the late answer. I get two types of error(s).

1) in verbose, safe, single mode, with busratio=8 and a bunch of other options :) I get a memory allocation error (0xdeadbeef :)), it seems that gfx mem gets messed up by the kernel.

2) in graphical mode, I get a screen full of flasing squares, seems related to the gfx board too.

This netbook then, is NOT compatible with Kingston SSDNow V200, so anyone reading this, DON'T buy that SSD, it won't work :)

I forgot to add: my A0722 is with C60 processor and 4GB ram.

nibiru, Sep 14, 2012
Ask a Question