Mac Burning Through Power Cords

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by BlueText, Sep 2, 2016.

1. BlueText

BlueText

I don't know about you but I've burned through about eight power cords since I bought my last Mac. The one before it, I had only gone through three in three years. And part of that was it being dragged around to so many places. I was just wondering if anyone with a Mac has this problem or if it's just me? How do you minimize this?

BlueText, Sep 2, 2016
  2. BlueText

Corzhens

Pardon me but I don't clearly understand that "burned" term. If you mean the cord literally burned itself, gee, that's unusual. So maybe what you mean by burned is the cord wouldn't function properly. Well, that's directly related to your way of using your laptop. Even if you go places, that's the purpose of a portable computer, so you can use it anywhere possible. Maybe you just have to learn how to take care of that cord. Having 8 cords burned is no joke.

Corzhens, Sep 2, 2016
  3. BlueText

BlueText

It happens at the end where it plugs into the wall or is connected to the extender. The plastic peals off because the wires get hot. I know that it's not uncommon because I've gone in with a couple other people having the same problem. The geniuses at the bar told me I was wrapping my cord wrong but even with changing my habits, I've been through eight in three years. I even need a new one now but it's not covered under a protection plan anymore.

BlueText, Sep 2, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
Ask a Question