Lost WiFi with 9.04 UNR

Discussion in 'Linux' started by DanC, Dec 2, 2009.

1. DanC

DanC

This is a puzzling one. I've got a AAO ZG5 that originally ran Linpus. I changed it to 9.04 UNR and for a while everything worked fine. Then I turned off the wifi with the little switch on the front so that I could test a 3G dongle. That worked fine too (much easier to install than in Linpus). But then the wifi wouldn't come on again. The switch has no effect. Any ideas?

DanC, Dec 2, 2009
  2. DanC

rmansfield

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed the Netbook Remix on my Acer D250 and can't figure out how to get wifi to work.

rmansfield, Jan 12, 2010
  3. DanC

libssd

I don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but I lost WiFi once, booted in Windows, confirmed that WiFi was working there, and after doing so, the problem went away in Ubuntu. Of course, if you don't have a dual-boot setup, this isn't going to work.

libssd, Jan 13, 2010
  4. DanC

Joeb

On your Z5, try unplugging the computer and removing the battery. Then hook the battery and AC back up. While booting the computer hit the wifi switch one time, while still at the GRUB screen. WIFI should work again. BTW, you can try this without removing the battery and AC first. In short, the WIFI driver knows how to turn off WIFI, but not re-enable it. By turning it back on before the WIFI driver loads, you can usually get it back.

Joeb, Jan 13, 2010
  5. DanC

DanC

Joeb,
    Nice neat solution. But it didn't work on my computer.

DanC, Feb 5, 2010
Ask a Question