Lost internet connection

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RobB, Aug 17, 2008.

1. RobB

RobB

Hi,

I was using Firefox on the internet; downloaded Skype then unplugged my internet cable to switch it to my PC. Of course I lost the connection. When I replacedthe cable a bit later the One couldn't establish a connection - kept coming up Connection has been Disconnected. Tried the Connection Management, setting up a new connection, still the same old disconnected message. Reinstalled from the Recovery disk but the same - no connection -mConnection has been disconected. It knows a cable has been plugged in and tries to establish a connection but to no avail. The cable and network connection are fine becuase I'm connected to here through the cable etc from my PC. I can't see that it is a hardware fault as the One recongnises that there is a cable inserted; the cable etc are working fine; and the software was put back to out of the box level on reinstallation. I'm completely stumped.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Rob

RobB, Aug 17, 2008
  2. RobB

RobB

Up-date.

I have managed to get a connection by typing all the IP addresses etc from my PC connection into the One's Connection Management but the One still can't find an address all on its own, which will be a problem if I change location. So, its not hardware and only the One can't establish a connection on its own, though it did the first two times I got on-line.

Rob

RobB, Aug 17, 2008
Ask a Question