Lost Blu-Ray player after update

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by 98 SNAKE EATER, Dec 11, 2022.

1. 98 SNAKE EATER

98 SNAKE EATER

My old Qosmio X875-Q7390 was an all-in-one gaming beast when I bought it new over a decade ago

Huge 3D screen, dual webcams, dual 1TB HD's, Blu-Ray Burner, etc., etc.

On the original Windows 8, everything ran perfectly, but each time I was forced to update to Windows 8.1, I'd lose some kinda feature (volume control, screen brightness controls, DVD player, SD Card reader, etc., etc.)

It would take me forever to find all the drivers, but would never run proper again unless I did a complete system restore back to Windows 8

Unfortunately, a couple years back, it somehow lost the capability to self restore to Windows 8 and I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows 10

Since then, initial boot up time seems to take forever and I no longer have the Toshiba Blu-Ray/DVD player

VLC and WMP-C will play most standard DVD's (not all), but I have yet to find anything that will play Blu-Rays

I've been told this is a Windows10 thing and that there's no Blu-Ray support at all

Is this true?

98 SNAKE EATER, Dec 11, 2022
Ask a Question