Logging into Sky.fm with Aspire One Netbook

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PaulDB, Jun 9, 2009.

1. PaulDB

PaulDB

I have model AOA-150 running Win XP, SP3. Recently, I attempted to log in to Sky.fm and listen to a section called Solo Piano. I can log into the web site OK, but when I click on the 40K button in the Solo Piano section, which is supposed to call up Windows Media Player, and start playing some piano selections, it fails to start. Instead, it seems to be trying to connect, than after a minute times out, then stops for a short while, then starts over again. No sound is ever heard.

However, if I connect to WGBH, I can listen to any of their music selections just fine.

I own four computers: 2 laptops, and 2 desktops. The Aspire One and an Emachine desktop both have Realtek audio systems in them, and neither will connect with SoloPiano in Sky.fm. I'm suspicious that Realtek is the reason for this problem. The other desktop and laptop (both IBM machines) do not use Realtek and work fine.

Is there anyone using the Aspire One who can listen to music at Sky.fm, or am I the only guy with this problem? Does anyone have suggestions about how to get around this problem?

Also, How can I tell if I have the latest driver software for the Realtek audio system? I can see on the Acer support area that a certain driver is available, but I don't know how to tell what driver level I presently have in my machine.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

PaulDB, Jun 9, 2009
  2. PaulDB

Firo

go to the control panel - system - device manager, find your device and it will tell you what driver you have. you can try a new one and always roll back if you wish so

Firo, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question