Linux Mint install question

Discussion in 'Linux' started by davidvj, Oct 23, 2015.

1. davidvj

davidvj

I have been trying to install Linuxmint 17.2 on an Asus Aspire One D270.
    I am getting the message
    "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!" .... this was followed by a "boot:" prompt

Is there something that I can do at the boot prompt that will advance the install ... or
    If this version is not suitable could somebody advise me of a version that should work.

Thanks

davidvj, Oct 23, 2015
  2. davidvj

nytegeek

The first thing you need to do is check your install media for errors and try to re-install after verifying the media is okay or creating new install media.

nytegeek, Nov 6, 2015
  3. davidvj

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Actually the first thing to do is to find out if you told your laptop to look elsewhere for 'Boot media'

Did you go into BIOS at the original black screen before anything gets going... (on the laptop/computer screen)...
    to Change the BOOT Device/Media

Right after pressing the start button while the screen is still black you need to start press/tapping the F2 key - to enter the BIOS, (you might have seen the white writing, press F2 to enter SETUP aka BIOS) go to the Boot section where the HDD is probably shown as top of the list of choices... select (Hilite) USB HDD then tap the F5 until USB HDD is top of the list
    Then select EXIT and press your ENTER key to exit Saving changes...

The laptop/computer will restart and SHOULD now boot from the USB Stick -
    IF using a DVD - do the above but select DVD/CDROM not USB HDD...

IF things still don't work - THEN check the media for errors...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Nov 6, 2015
Ask a Question