Linux Mint 6 Live and wireless?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Chycky, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Chycky

Chycky

I am booting my AA1 from a flash drive. I use Linux Mint 6 but cannot get the wireless working, only the LAN. I use the persistent Live USB option so that I am able to save changes to my USB boot device.

How do I get the wireless working on Linux Mint 6 (USB persistent boot)?

Chycky, Jul 7, 2009
  2. Chycky

Andysan

Hi,

Please refresh my memory, is LM6 based on Ububtu Jaunty? For Interpid i know that you had to install the backports modules, but i'm not sure that that is necessary for Jaunty. This maybe a good starting point:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=24039

Excuse my ignorance but i am not sure if any of this makes sense, so if its all jibberish hit me up and i can talk you through it. Cheers. :)

Andysan, Jul 9, 2009
  3. Chycky

m4xr8d

Regardless of 6 or 7 wireless is pretty much hit or miss. Sometimes it finds it some times it doesn't.

m4xr8d, Jul 9, 2009
  4. Chycky

Chycky

Well, I think Mint 6 is based on Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10. It's definately not based on Ubuntu 9.04. I don't remember if wireless worked out of box in Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10, I think it did in 8.10 at least?

Chycky, Jul 12, 2009
  5. Chycky

redbook

Sorry but you are wrong, Mint 6 is based on 9.04 the wireless works, and yes you still need backports for the light to work, I still find Mint has certain issues with video playback and losing connection with the ath5k drivers, personally although there are slight security issues I prefer ndiswrapper at the moment.

redbook, Jul 12, 2009
  6. Chycky

redbook

My apologies Mint 7 is based on Jaunty, you were right Mint 6 is based on intrepid.

redbook, Jul 12, 2009
Ask a Question