[Linux Linpus] Add/Change Applications of Default Desktop

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Tybor, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Tybor

larkim

(Before the Linux police come along and cart you off, its not DOS, its a Linux command line)

It *should* be relatively easy. Type "sudo mousepad /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml" (without the speech marks) into the box that appears when you press Alt-F2, and then hit enter. sudo means the command runs with admin priviledges, mousepad starts the mousepad text editor and then the rest is the file path to the group-app.xml file.

If you have more than one item for VLC in there, I would suggest that you comment that line out, or delete it completely. To comment it out, I think you add after /app>. You can see this in the screenshot on the reghardware site - for example the line which refers to the acerrss program.

You might then need to re-number ALL of the items in that group (i.e. the bits between <group> and </group>) so that none of them have duplicate sequence numbers.

Then use save from the mousepad menu to save the group-app.xml file and reboot - things should be where you want them.

HTH!

Matt

larkim, Aug 4, 2009
Ask a Question