Linux a150 lan - connection problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lm123, Dec 26, 2008.

1. lm123

lm123

ok so, linux a150, plug the ethernet into my laptop n connection manager looks as though theres a connection but when i open firefox theres no web pages showing up. have tried putting in all ip adds n everything manually, but makes no difference. my modem connects to my pc perfectly no problems. and the aspire connects to the net wirelessly perfectly fine. But i want to use my modem, to use my own internet connection basically n not everyone elses unprotected wifi! have tried to search everywhere for linux lan drivers to see if that will help but cant find anywher! any one any ideas on how i can solve this issue?
    Cheers.

lm123, Dec 26, 2008
  2. lm123

daldred

Linux should just pick up any wired connection it is offered: it's designed for networks and doesn't usually need any drivers.

- What else is on your network, and is your router set up to provide IP addresses by DHCP, regardless of MAC address or anything?
    - Are you comfortable with the command line? If so, the output of

Code:
    ifconfig
    route
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    might well be useful in identifying any issue.

daldred, Dec 26, 2008
Ask a Question