[Linpus] Lost the Network Settings Control...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by drogon, Nov 16, 2008.

1. drogon

drogon

This is the 2nd time this has happened now - The unit lost all network connectivity - both wired and wi-fi, and clicking on the network control icon in the settings panel did ... nothing.

First time I did a full reload and that kept it going for a week or 2, this time, figuring I'll do another reload then take it back if the problem happens again, I've tried something else before the reload - run the desktop-update script at

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1256&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And it's worked a treat. Obviously replaced the Linpus supplied one with it's own - or provided a way to access it -whatever, it's going now.

Still worrying that the unit would lose the same thing twice. Anyone else had this issue?

Gordon

drogon, Nov 16, 2008
  2. drogon

ZimberZanger

I had a sudden loss of Network (after a couple of hard freezes & subsequent hard reboots).

Network settings not working, nm-applet not running, tried forcing it to run and nothing from keyring manager.

Found this thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2620, and followed muuuuuu's suggestions (on page 9) - worked perfectly!

Maybe this will work for you?

Zimber.

ZimberZanger, Nov 21, 2008
Ask a Question