Linpus 9.6 (not Lite)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Nemix, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Nemix

Nemix

I'd like to install and dual boot Linux and XP, I prefer Ubuntu but for my AAO I'd like something that works perfectly if not close to perfect. Thus I'm looking in to Linpus since it came pre-installed on AAO's. But since I have 1GB ram (looking into upgrading to 1.5GB), I want to know if I should install Linpus Desktop 9.6 or Linpus Lite? Are the driver repositories the same for Linpus Desktop 9.6 and Linpus Lite that came pre-installed with AAO?

Nemix, Sep 23, 2008
  2. Nemix

JimK

Linpus 9.6 won't work perfectly or even close to perfectly. Linpus Lite is made for One, whereas regular Linpus isn't. Linpus Lite has all the drivers and other customization to work with the One. If you want Ubuntu, then you can either follow the threads here that discuss how to get it working, or better yet, wait for OneLinux to be released. I briefly tried a beta version of One, and it seemed to work fine. Resolution, sound and wifi all worked.

If you're patient, there will probably be other distros customized for the One. Right now, it's a relatively new product and the developers, god bless them, are trying to catch up.

JimK, Sep 23, 2008
  3. Nemix

linker3000

Looking forward to OneLinux muchly!

linker3000, Sep 23, 2008
  4. Nemix

Yosser_UK

Does anyone think onelinus will work fine on 512mb? I'm hoping it will :cry:

Yosser_UK, Sep 23, 2008
  5. Nemix

rbil

It should work alright. Gnome does use more resources then xfce4, but it should be doable. You can install Onelinux livecd on a flash key and then play with that on your AA1 to see what it's like.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 24, 2008
  6. Nemix

Nemix

Thanks for info, looks awesome.

Nemix, Sep 24, 2008
Ask a Question