Lineage 2 and Second Life

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Foxtropics, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Hey guys, new user here to the forums, been learning a lot of stuff here on the Acer One. I don't have one YET but I will as soon as I can get my hands on a 160gb hdd/1gb ram/6-cell battery model here soon.

Anyway, I wanted to know how well Lineage 2 and Second Life run. I don't expect a miracle, but I would really love for both of them to be at least playable.

Lineage 2 can be run in windowed mode by pressing Alt+Enter while the game is running, and can have the settings severely reduced using the "Lower Detail" check box in the options. I don't mind having to have it set to rock bottom detail as long as its decently playable at 20fps maybe? Just anything really playable is fine, so if there are any Lineage 2 retail players reading this, and you have an Acer One can you check to see how L2 performs? Thanks.

On top of that, I also frequent Second Life, if there any Second Life users here on the forum, I would love to know how the performance is or if it even runs at all on the AAO. Lowest settings yet again are no problem, as long as it runs to a point where its somewhat smooth. Thanks for reading, I am really curious if either of these run decent.

Foxtropics, Sep 16, 2008
  2. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

It's been 11 days, so I assume a bump is okay? Plus I wanted to ask a few other questions anyway.

I have heard that StarCraft and BroodWar run very well on the AAO but they have some graphics issues because of the 18-bit screen? Can someone explain exactly what the issues are and maybe what they look like, I know it's not game breaking but I am still curious.

Also, not really a game but I have read mixed reports of the AAO being able to play full screen videos on YouTube, some people claim it has no frame skipping at all in full screen. Other people claim it's unwatchable. Can anyone clear these up for me? Also, if possible answer the questions in post 1 as well. Thank you.

Mod's if you see my double post as a problem, could you merge them into 1 post at the top and possibly keep it bumped to the top? Thanks.

Foxtropics, Sep 27, 2008
  3. Foxtropics

ericliang

I read somewhere some time ago that SL client (Second Life to the rest) is slow but at least working at very low settings. You may want to search the forum or google it. I think it was on Windows AAO.

I'd be glad to test it for you but ACER has yet no stock where I live...

ericliang, Sep 27, 2008
Ask a Question