Lid Damage

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iandotcom, Aug 12, 2009.

1. iandotcom

iandotcom

This is probably a really common and tedious question on electronics-related forums, but here goes..

One of the rubber feet on the bottom of the AAO was coming all off the time, so I planned to use some super glue to secure it back into the chassis. Problem is, one of my folks beat me to the chase when they found out it needed doing and managed to accidentally get some super glue onto the lid of the AAO, which of course dried solidly.

They tried to get it off by picking at it, but inadvertently took a chip off the lid with the glue.

It's quite unsightly but at the same time, its not a really deep chipping. It's about half a mm, just enough to take off the layer of glossing on the device.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to clear this little chip up?

Much obliged,

Ian

iandotcom, Aug 12, 2009
  2. iandotcom

foo

foo, Aug 21, 2009
  3. iandotcom

me075064

Or a nice leather protective case from Amazon - for that executive look ;)

Gutted to hear about your exerience though, Super Glue can be a nightmare. :cry:

CHeers
    John M

me075064, Aug 24, 2009
  4. iandotcom

judeh101

on the other day, I was playing with nail polish on my screen bezel. I tried removing it with alcohol, and that dissolved my original paint. which means nail polish and the paint (from the screen bezel) is extremely similar. Try using clear nail polish :D

judeh101, Sep 9, 2009
Ask a Question