Less popular laptop brand

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by vinaya, Jun 19, 2016.

1. vinaya

vinaya

Mac, HP, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo etc are some of the populat laptop brands. These brands are trusted by millions of users. However, there are also lesser known brands that have won the hearts of thousands of people. What lesser known brand do you trust.

vinaya, Jun 19, 2016
  2. vinaya

fcuco

I am going to say Fujitsu, it is one of those japanese brands that you probably recognize by name but could not pin point exactly what they offer. More than laptops what they have are convertible 2 in 1s and tablets. The thing with these brands is your re sell value, people are more likely to choose from trusted brands when browsing eBay or craigslits or something when they are looking for used laptops to buy, I mean, people still buy and sell Apple G4 iBooks after all these years because Apple is such a powerful brand.

fcuco, Jun 20, 2016
  3. vinaya

Corzhens

We were in the mall 3 weeks ago to window shop for a new laptop. The HP and Acer both looked good but the price is beyond our reach for now. When I pointed to cheaper laptops with brands we do not know, my husband just shook his head as a signal that he doesn't like that. He doesn't want to comment in front of the store attendant. The main problem with unknown brands is the after-sales service. If there is a problem with the computer, that's the only time you will know why those brands are not patronized very well... poor service.

Corzhens, Jun 20, 2016
  4. vinaya

SirJoe

There are a lot of countries that have there own local brands. These can be much cheaper and can offer the same performance as the top brands. They are sometimes a good choice if you are on a tight budget and there aren't any discounts on the bigger brands.

SirJoe, Jun 22, 2016
  5. vinaya

IcyBC

Some of my friends swore on Acer laptop and some of them had them for over five years! Though I don't think Acer is lesser known as it seems like many stores and online websites carry them!

IcyBC, Jun 22, 2016
  6. vinaya

rahul pahwa

i think HCL is less popular brand

rahul pahwa, Jun 29, 2016
  7. vinaya

rootle

I have an MSI, which isn't exactly unknown but it isn't on the list you have up there. It's a great laptop and from what I know, they have some amazing ones. It's a brand worth knowing about and they deserve to be better known.

rootle, Jul 7, 2016
  8. vinaya

acerme2

Neo laptop is one of the less popular laptop brand. It is an inexpensive laptop with less impressive screen resolution. If you're on a tight budget, it can be a good buy but I cannot vouch for its durability or after sales service. MSI seems like a better choice. Not many people are willing to invest on a less popular brand though.

acerme2, Sep 1, 2016
  9. vinaya

Fuzyon

I'd say all the Clevo laptops are pretty underrated compared to what they put out. Sure, the weight and battery life aren't the best but they can literally fit in a desktop GPU or CPU in a laptop case. For $1k - $1.5k you get a beast of a machine that will serve you well for years. MSI is also a less known brand, their customer support isn't the greatest but their laptops are really good.

Fuzyon, Sep 5, 2016
  10. vinaya

vinaya

I have heard about HCL. If I am not mistaken HCL is an Indian brand.Couple of years ago, I used to see too many ads from HCL on Indian TV, however, these days I have not seen any HCL ads. Is this brand still available.Have you used it, do you recommend?

vinaya, Sep 5, 2016
  11. vinaya

Elektron

Itdefinitely must be really random because I had never heard of it. Japanese brands are quite famous worldwide, but that one is not on te list in any way.

Elektron, Sep 8, 2016
Ask a Question