LCD help

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by wakelagger, Sep 8, 2008.

1. wakelagger

wakelagger

Whenever i move my lcd back and forward on the bezel the screen goes all whacky with different colours, two screens of desktop and strange things like that. Any idea? and should i send it in for repair? it works fine if i apply pressure to both sides to open and close but other wise its goes crazy. im thinking something to do with the connection.

thanks

wakelagger, Sep 8, 2008
  2. wakelagger

Achilles

Sounds like a connection problem to me. I assume you are not referring to the change in colour you get if you press on the screen (changing the cell gap of the LCD).

Even if it is still OK most of the time if it is flaky now then it is likely to go kaput anytime soon so make sure you can get it repaired whilst still under warranty (although it might be difficult to persuade anyone there is a problem if it looks OK unless you press the bezel!).

Achilles, Sep 9, 2008
  3. wakelagger

wakelagger

yea
    i think the problem is at the ribbon to lcd end and not the ribbon to board end. If that will make it easier to try a reseat let me know. It seems it is more poblematic the more i move the lcd. it will occur more often the more it is moved, but i i leave it alone it will only happen on 30 degree plus movements other wise it will be down to just twisting the screen a tiny bit.

but what you said sounds like my best option so far thanks

wakelagger, Sep 10, 2008
  4. wakelagger

Achilles

If you have already been into the machine to e.g. upgrade RAM I guess it is possible that you dislodged the ribbon and could try reseating it as you suggest.

Achilles, Sep 10, 2008
  5. wakelagger

wakelagger

i have not upgraded my ram or anything.

it seems to have stopped but if it acts up again ill probably video tape and send it in for repair just in case it doesnt act up for them

wakelagger, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question