LCD Display won't turn back on! "PROBLEM SOLVED"

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by stutter55, Dec 20, 2008.

1. stutter55

stutter55

I recently purchased a Acer Aspire One Laptop. I upgraded the bios to .3305 b/c my wifi was acting up. With the upgrade, it seemed to fix the issue with the wifi.

But lately, I have been noticing that if I leave my laptop idle for more than a few hours. I would come back and the screen wouldn't come on. I would have to hold down the power button to reboot.

My current power settings is if its plugged it, it goes into standby after 2 hours, if not plugged in, standby in 5 mins. When i close my screen, its set to do nothing.

When I am having these issues, my laptop didn't even go to standby, the green light is still solid. Fan running strong.

What could be the cause of this whole mess? Is it the bios?

stutter55, Dec 20, 2008
  2. stutter55

reglof

reglof, Dec 23, 2008
  3. stutter55

LAZ

Re: LCD Display won't turn back on!

I just had a similar problem and fixed it through the solution described in this thread. So far so good. The trouble seems to be with the Acer Crystal Eye webcam driver.

LAZ, Dec 24, 2008
  4. stutter55

stutter55

Re: LCD Display won't turn back on!

Problem solved....turns out it was the Webcam driver the whole time.

Here are the directions pulled from the thread provided above:

UPDATE: I found a much more straightforward way to do this. In the Device Manager, Property, I chose Update Driver, Install from specific location, Don't search, and then picked USB Composite Device. Suyin went away. It remains to be seen whether this solves my hanging-in-standby issue.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

stutter55, Dec 24, 2008
  5. stutter55

reglof

I assume the problem is with the XP WebCam driver, but I experience the same problems under Linpus Linux here there is no XP driver obviously. Does anybody have an idea how to fix it under Linpus?

reglof, Dec 24, 2008
  6. stutter55

Termi

Hi,

I also have problems with AA1 not coming back from standby using Linpus Linux. Installed all updates from Live Update.
    Any idea?

Termi, Jan 1, 2009
  7. stutter55

clock37

Same problem here as well. Black screen @ 40-45% battery remaining, not every time but maybe 2 out of 3. Doesn't happen on AC power. I thought it was an issue with Linpus/XFCE/kpowersave so I installed Fedora 10 w/Gnome. Still goes black around 40% battery, just like before. Emailed Acer support, no reply yet....

clock37, Jan 2, 2009
  8. stutter55

reglof

For Linpus Lite, install linpus lite 1.0.15.E snd your problems will be solved :)

reglof, Jan 24, 2009
  9. stutter55

Sprawl

i had the same issue...the only way is to call acer support and open an RMA.

they changed the motherboard and now everything works fine.

Sprawl, Jan 25, 2009
  10. stutter55

natesriv

I love that I found this site, what a great resource! I love my One, but had the same problem. Did the driver fix and I'm back!

Is this a sticky? It should be, and has Acer been notified? Seems like this problem will strike anyone who has a fully updated XP computer.

Great site

natesriv, Jan 28, 2009
Ask a Question