Latest Live Update Issues

Discussion in 'Linux' started by callmeishmael, Apr 6, 2009.

1. callmeishmael

callmeishmael

I like to live dangerously, so I installed the latest bunch of updates magically appeared a couple of days ago.
    The reputation of Acer updates is well know, i.e. usually it gets broken more than what it's supposed to be fixed.
    After the update, the wifi connection takes much more time to start than before, my HP printer no longer works, and what is worst, the Live Update itself seems to be broken: if I check for newer updates, I get this message: "Update server is busy, try again later, Error=22"
    Any hints, other than recovering from the install disk, at least to have the update back again, so I can break new things in future updates :) ?

callmeishmael, Apr 6, 2009
  2. callmeishmael

mzc

what's your linpus lite version?

mzc, Apr 10, 2009
  3. callmeishmael

callmeishmael

I don't remember, it was one of the very first AA0 (august 2008), in which I installed all previous updates.
    Now I solved the problem in the brutal way: recovered the system with a dvd 1.0.15e version.

callmeishmael, Apr 15, 2009
  4. callmeishmael

Jixjifs

Hello everybody
    I have made the Live Update yesterday, and now I can 't see the picture of my webcam anymore, also when I use Skype I don't see the video of my contact (neither I see my own, but the contact can see me). I guess something is wrong with the patch for UCView (180079) which was included in the update.
    Has anyone a similar problem and maybe a solution?
    I still have the Linpus Linux Lite on the AAO.

Jixjifs, Apr 15, 2009
  5. callmeishmael

mzc

try a cold reboot. hold power button for a few seconds to let it shutdown then turn back on.

mzc, Apr 29, 2009
  6. callmeishmael

edirisuriya

While I try to update the software following error message was appeared. Can any one help to resolve it?

Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.19 is needed by package yelp
    notification-daemon-xfce conflicts with notify-daemon

edirisuriya, Oct 29, 2009
Ask a Question