Laptop To Desktop Help About Cooling ideas

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by DeaDDude, Dec 24, 2022.

1. DeaDDude

DeaDDude

hello Every one the great members of this awsome forum :D hope Y'all doing well ...
    i got a thinkpad T430 with a broken upper parts (screen), and i decided to turn it to a gaming machin and upgrade it to the max it can be .....
    the issue i want to have a better colling system i want to put a desktop cooler on it any ideas ...
    the config is 8gb ram and i5 3210m with an integrated gpu intel HD 4000
    I have a 300watts Desktop psu for the Egpu will be plugged in m.2 slot ( will it work? some say it wont must be plugged in network card connector)
    now i want to know if there is a way to put put a biger heatsink on it, can any pre made brand will fit on it or shoud i do some craft work :D
    the socket is rPGA988B
    CAN this one do the job ?
    [​IMG]
    • Compatible with Socket G PGA988 Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Mobile CPU
    • Low Profile CPU Copper Heatsink and Fan
    • Thermal Pad: Honeywell PCM45F, Max TDP 45W
    • 50 x 50 x 10mm dual ball-bearing fa, 5000RPM
    • Dimensions: 60.0 x 60.0 x 26.5mm (1U compliant)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    DeaDDude, Dec 24, 2022
  2. DeaDDude

Invictus

There are differences between the M2 slot and the network card slot. If I am not mistaken, the WiFi m.2 slots are E-key, meanwhile the m.2 for SSD or nvme drives are B-key or B+M-key. So you should check what type of connector uses your e-gpu.

About fitting better cooling system, I don't know if that is possible since there are no mounting brackets on your motherboard.

Invictus, Mar 25, 2023
Ask a Question