Laptop recommendation please

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by mihiw, Sep 15, 2023.

1. mihiw

mihiw

Hello,

1. What is your budget? $500 to $1,000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14" 15" 16" not important

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366x768 or higher

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement, I just plug it into my monitors and use MX keyboard and mouse

5. How much battery life do you need? not important it's plugged in all the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? no

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) mostly office work, I have a lot of apps and browser tabs open at the same time and I want it to be fast under those conditions

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512, 1T, 2T, anything is fine

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 or 3 years is fine

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? none

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have mostly had Dells

13. What country do you live in? U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm looking at one on Amazon
    new HP Pavilion 15 for $900
    i7-1255U 1.2 GHz (up to 4.7GHz)
    10 cores, 12 threads, 12MB L3 Cache
    64GB DDR4 SDRAM
    2TB SSD
    15.6” touchscreen 1920x1080
    Intel Iris Xe Graphics
    Wifi 6
    Windows 11 Pro

I know I don't need 64GB RAM or 2TB drive or Windows Pro but that's what this one comes with at this price. When I look at laptops with lesser specs I see prices starting at $1,350.

Right now I have
    Dell i7-7600U 2.91 GHz
    2 cores, 4 threads
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    512GB SSD

and it's too slow for what I do, even after a fresh reinstall.

Thank you very much.

mihiw, Sep 15, 2023
Ask a Question