Laptop 13" - Work/Gaming

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Parmigo, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Parmigo

Parmigo

Hello everybody !

I'm looking to sell my macbook pro 13" mid-2012 to buy a new laptop, more powerful.

I don't really know which one to buy, Apple or Windows...

I will use it to play video games, and work (I will use some software for trading like Metatrader).

My budget is around 1300$ but I currently live in Canada so 1800 Canadian dollar.

I was thinking about the Alienware 13 r 2 but if you think there is something more discret and/or more adapted to my situation, do no hesitate ! I want the laptop to be 13" or 15" max.

Thanks for you help guys ;)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Parmigo, Feb 22, 2016
  2. Parmigo

rz3300

I have never really been sure about the Alienware brand, but I have always assumed that it was more for gaming or things that involve better graphics. I really do not know, but just judging by the look of them that is what I would assume. I do know that gaming really does require a different set of features so you should definitely look into what you are purchasing.

rz3300, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Parmigo

djtech

Don't go for Alienware, go for the Acer Predator:

Like the vid says, in terms of benchmarks it meets and sometimes exceeds comparable laptops and there is a significant price different between the Predator and Alienware.

Although, I am not into the whole "buy laptop for gaming" thing because I have a 17 incher of a laptop screen, but I usually plug in to the tv when I game, because the bigger the better. And my laptop is a simple satellite that I have upgraded a lot (voiding any warranties) :p

djtech, Feb 24, 2016
Ask a Question