LAN card problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by yogita, Oct 26, 2012.

1. yogita

yogita

Hi all

I am using Acer 4736z since more than 3 years. While charging my laptop suddently it stopped functioning. I showed it to shop keeper and as per his diagnostics the chip which conencts to power supply was defused. I replaced it and now laptop is working fine.
    But after that when I 1st time boot my laptop, LAN icon was not showing in start up tray so I tried to install LAN drivers still that icon is not appearing and I am unable to connect to internet.
    What could be the problem? Or is there any other way to test whether LAN cacr is in the laptop or not?

Thanks in advance...

yogita, Oct 26, 2012
  2. yogita

Ziggy925

If you completely uninstall the Lan card the computer should try to reinstall it when you reboot. That should get you started. If not, I would just pick up a USB LAN card and get yourself back on the net that way, or at least until you can sort out the problem. It's possible the work you did knocked out the LAN on the motherboard.

Ziggy925, Nov 14, 2012
Ask a Question