Keyboard motherboard broken connector.

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by KeithGS, Feb 3, 2010.

1. KeithGS

KeithGS

Hello, I've tried taking apart my A150 and I've ended up breaking the connector that kept the cable from the keyboard locked into the motherboard, I tried putting it back on, but when I did, it doesn't securely keep the keyboard cable in the slot, and comes on easily, making it so I can't use the keyboard

heres a pic:

[​IMG]

anyway I can fix this? or can I buy one of these locks I can't find them anywhere online..

Thanks!

KeithGS, Feb 3, 2010
  2. KeithGS

Buddha

I did the same thing. I would love to have a part number for this. If you find anything out please let me know. Thanks.

Buddha, Mar 25, 2010
  3. KeithGS

hartleyshc

the socket/latch is sold as all one piece. just measure and count the pins. no part# listed in the service manual *typically this would just be a complete mobo replacement.*

look around online at certain electronic parts sites to see if someone carries the part (count pins and measure length), then resolder the connector on the motherboard. possibly look for a broken mobo you can harvest the part from.

Or just use a piece of electrical tape to hold the ribbon cable in place. Or if you have all the pieces use super glue or a very small bit of bondo to fix the broken pieces.

hartleyshc, Mar 28, 2010
Ask a Question