Keyboard Keys Occasionally Don't Work

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Darkshadow33, May 16, 2009.

1. Darkshadow33

Darkshadow33

Hello, I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place. My problem is that my keyboard keys occasionally don't work meaning the key does press in and i have to click it about 20-30 times in order for the one key to work. If I pull the key to the side a little bit the key will work for a little bit then will not work again. I've had problems with the "h" key and now i'm having problems with the "b" key....

any fixes, help needed...

Darkshadow33, May 16, 2009
  2. Darkshadow33

barrie

Hi Darkshadow33,

This could just be dirt etc between the keyboard and membrane, I use a portable hair dryer on cold setting once in a while, but held some distance from the box as the membrane is very brittle.

barrie, May 16, 2009
  3. Darkshadow33

Darkshadow33

well, i tried canned air and it worked a bit but once in a while the button while not respond is there a way to pull the key off the board, without breaking it?

Darkshadow33, May 16, 2009
  4. Darkshadow33

Forone

I recently had success after a keyboard / power switch wine spill with isopropanol electrical contact spray - it's a pricey little aerosol can of pure solvent with a little pointer tube; it evaporates very quickly, removing any grease or oil deposits. Just spraying it into the affected keys and pressing them to "work it in" might be enough. (I avoided another product with lubricants added to the solvent., so can't speak to it.)

Forone, May 18, 2009
Ask a Question