keeps coming out of standby and hibernate...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gordesky1, Jan 5, 2009.

1. gordesky1

gordesky1

my acer one keeps coming back out of standby like a min after i did it and now i tried hibernation and it does the same with that to..

it started doing this about 2 weeks ago when i put it in standby after work and i came home and i open the case were its at and there was lot of heat in there so i took the laptop out and it was siting on windows log on and i was like wtf?

so ya its been doing that ever sense than likely it did int do anything to the battery or the laptop.

but what could be causing this?

i would like to get this sorted out because it was nice to put it in standby because its faster than shut down and waiting for windows to load which was fast to but still like standby better.

gordesky1, Jan 5, 2009
  2. gordesky1

gordesky1

hmm it was spy ware causing it..

first i restored back couple days ago and tried to start up mcafee to scan because i deleted it and that was int starting up just a blank screen.

so i restore it forward and put on avg and it found trojan horse vundo.cks and gerneic12.anfms in my system32 so avg deleted it and restarted windows and now it stays in standby and hibernation:)

but wow no wonder why i deleted mcafee its useless i had it installed and running sense i got this laptop like a month ago and this spy ware prob lee was on the laptop the whole time and mcafee did int even tell me or warn me...

i ony deleted mcafee last night to because it was slowing down everything... i thought i would keep mcafee but now its staying off lol

i thought something was wrong tho because i went to windows update and it was int updateing saying auto update was off so i went to services and check it and it was off and it would int start up keep saying error so thats when i checked for spyware with avg and there it was lol

weird why a spy ware or a virus would cause it to start up in standby or even hibernation which is almost off...

gordesky1, Jan 5, 2009
  3. gordesky1

jackluo923

jackluo923, Jan 6, 2009
Ask a Question