Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Boot Issue (system config file missing)

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by picassolsus, Oct 8, 2008.

1. picassolsus

picassolsus

Guys,

I'm in the process of *attempting* to install OS X via Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD but have hit a road block. I'm trying to follow the tutorial posted here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129774 but get stuck at the actual booting of my DVD. I'm getting "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found" immediately upon the Darwin loader attempting to start. Any ideas?

I'm on an Aspire One 150 with upgraded RAM and default HD. I'm trying to install from an external LG USB 2.0 DVDRW drive. I've burned to multiple media at multiple speeds-- no luck. I've even tried patching the .ISO with the PPF file from this site: http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/jmicron-ide-dvd-ppf-patch-for-kalyway-1052.

How is it that no one else on this forum has run into this issue installing OS X on the one? I understand most of you are installing iAtkos release, but I've seen where some have installed Kalyway with no problem. Is this because those that have, have installed to the SSD model One and *not* the SATA HD One? Seems maybe there is some issue with JMicron SATA interface and installing OS X. In the meantime, I'm finishing up downloading iAtkos but I'd really like to know how my process is coming out sideways.

Oh, I also updated my BIOS to 3304 per the tutorial. BTW, I notice there are virtually *no* configurable options in the One's BIOS aside from boot order and some password/quick boot options.....am I missing something like an advanced BIOS menu or something?

Thanks guys.

picassolsus, Oct 8, 2008
  2. picassolsus

picassolsus

Never figured this out guys but ended up installing iAtkos. Just consider this a potential pitfall for those thinking of installing Kalyway 10.5.2.

Thanks.

Derek

picassolsus, Oct 8, 2008
  3. picassolsus

Murgatroid

Yup - iAtkos or MSIWindOSX are the ones to use for the AAO for the best chance of success at this time...

-steve

Murgatroid, Oct 9, 2008
  4. picassolsus

Neogen

Hi mate
    Just for anyone elses reference. I have had this problem before on my desktop. Redownload the image and it will work. thats what i did. Something to do with the plist getting knackered or something.
    Just my 2 cents
    Welcome to the world of mac lol

Neogen, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question