Just ordered mine - in the US

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by fprimex, Jul 15, 2008.

1. fprimex

fprimex

Hey everybody! I just ordered my Aspire One from NCIXUS:
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=30747&vpn=LU.S020A.011&manfuacture=Acer

I got some good shipping so it should arrive sometime this week. When I get it, I plan to post as much information as I can on my website. I'll especially be posting info that would be of interest to longtime Linux users - I'm planning to wipe out the Linpus Linux Lite and install Slackware.

Stay tuned...

fprimex, Jul 15, 2008
  2. fprimex

CMark1

CMark1, Jul 15, 2008
  3. fprimex

lotus49

The reviews and benchmarks that I have seen certainly suggest that it is. The Atom seems to be a pretty good processor and it's way better the the Via competitor. Look at the HP MiniNote. It looks like a nice machine and it's certainly got a better screen but it is sloooooow.

lotus49, Jul 16, 2008
  4. fprimex

fprimex

Well, my Aspire One arrived today. Unfortunately, it took NCIX a few days to process the order and...

It has an international keyboard, not the US one shown in the pictures on their website.

This wouldn't be a problem, but the enter key is a vertical shape instead of the horizontal shape I expected, moving the quote and backslash keys further down and to the left. It may seem nitpicky, but the keyboard is the reason why I got an Aspire One and not and eeepc. I plan to write code on this thing, so it is extremely important.

I hope I don't have to wait another week to get this straightened out :(

fprimex, Jul 17, 2008
  5. fprimex

elpresidente

Mine just arrived 10 minutes ago and this is my first post using it! Mine was from Newegg and has the USA keyboard. I love it already!!

elpresidente, Jul 18, 2008
  6. fprimex

Kev50027

Ouch! I'm sorry! I just got my One from eWiz delivered today. I made a couple videos of it on Youtube, and took TONS of pics, which I'll put up on Flickr. I'll start a thread for pics and vids of people's Ones so we can share. Unfortunately, I'm re-installing Linpus right now, because I hosed it after trying to uninstall Firefox 2. Someone needs to figure out how to upgrade Firefox, the method in the manual links me to a page where it shows Firefox 1.5 as the latest! Anyway, hope you get that sorted out soon, I know I couldn't live without my full size shift keys.

Kev50027, Jul 18, 2008
Ask a Question