Just installed Windows 7...Dual Boot

Discussion in 'Windows' started by LS1Xtreme, Mar 19, 2009.

1. LS1Xtreme

LS1Xtreme

I've had my AAO for 3 days now and just setup Windows 7 for my dual boot. I had been reading around seeing how different people had done it and I have to say, compared to everything I read, I had no problems what so ever. I will briefly explain what I did.

1. I downloaded the Windows 7 iso file 2.43 GB, daemon tools and easeus (used to partition hard drive)

2. Installed daemon tools and easus. Partitioned hard drive to 2 partitions, 1 is the Windows XP partition and one is for Windows 7.

3. Mount the Windows 7 iso with daemon tools. As soon as I mount the iso, the Windows 7 Install started. Input your information like country and username, skipping the asking for a serial (just press next). After restarting I think it was a total of 3 times, you will have your AAO start up and you'll be asked if you want to "Boot to older Windows" (XP for me) or
    the newly installed Windows 7.

So far I am loving this OS and it is quickly becoming my favorite. I have had no problem as far as drivers and all hardware seems to be up to date.

LS1Xtreme, Mar 19, 2009
  2. LS1Xtreme

bolero

I think most how-to's refer to a setup where there is *no* Windows on the machine. Then it's a bit more difficult to install whatever Windows. You have to put it on a USB stick.

bolero, Mar 20, 2009
  3. LS1Xtreme

LS1Xtreme

oh okay...did not know that...

BTW...I leaened that not all the drivers are up to date so i downloaded the correct drivers so everything could work to its full potential...how can i check if my mic is working???

LS1Xtreme, Mar 20, 2009
  4. LS1Xtreme

bolero

You can use the sound recorder (programs/accessories).

bolero, Mar 22, 2009
Ask a Question