iTunes Interruptions?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by TheNapier, Mar 3, 2016.

1. TheNapier

TheNapier

Greetings y'all! Ever since I updated to El Capitan I've had a problem on my Macbook Pro.
    I never use iTunes (yay Spotify) anymore, but for some reason iTunes has started randomly starting itself up and being a general nuisance. I mainly use the laptop for writing and YouTube, and even though I'll have my browser or edited open fullscreen it'll randomly focus on a new iTunes window while I'm in the middle of something, sometimes it'll even start playing the only song left in my library.
    It's a tiny issue, but still very annoying. I've attempted to turn off any sort iTunes related notifications and whatnot in system preferences and in iTunes itself, but it still persists. I suppose there must be some way to fix this, or remove iTunes entirely. Any advice?

TheNapier, Mar 3, 2016
    sidney-wvr likes this.
  2. TheNapier

GearZ

It can be done. There is a tutorial here on removing it altogether. Though I haven't removed it from my MacBook Air, I no longer user iTunes. There is just too much bloat these days to bother.

GearZ, Mar 11, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. TheNapier

IcyBC

I don't use iTunes and I am afraid of upgrading to the latest OS because of thing like this. My knowledge with computer is limited and I don't want to pull my hair out trying to figure what needs to be done.

IcyBC, Mar 12, 2016
  4. TheNapier

obliviousme

Doing a clean uninstall/reinstall normally does the trick!

obliviousme, Apr 29, 2016
  5. TheNapier

BlueText

You should check the preference in both the iTunes and your system preference to see if you accidentally turned on a setting that does that. I use my iTunes all the time so I can't imagine uninstalling it. You might need to check to see if it needs an update, that's the only other time I can think of it doing that.

BlueText, Aug 29, 2016
  6. TheNapier

sidney-wvr

I've experienced the same problem. It keeps on popping up as soon as my MacBook finished restarting or opening after being shut down. I have to force quit it all the time.

sidney-wvr, Dec 18, 2017
Ask a Question