issues upgrading ram

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Dragoncamulos, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Dragoncamulos

Dragoncamulos

Alright, ive given up for the night and just wanted to ask so in the morning i could start fresh again. Ive been trying to upgrade my AAO's ram from the 1gb it has now to 1.5gb. Wasnt that hard getting to the expanded ram slot(a little annoying but whatever)to install the my new 1gb stick (1gb pc4200). When i turn the unit on, the lights flash on and the hard drive spins, but the screen never comes on and it just sits there. I've tried a second stick that i had with the same effect. Currently the only thing i haven't done, is upgrade the bios mostly due to the fact that I couldn't find one of the dozen or so flash drives i own. Currently its version 3301 which is what it was shipped with. Should also mention, if i put the original 512 stick back in, it boots up like a champ. Anyone seen this before and know what im doing wrong, i couldn't tell from a quick search?

Dragoncamulos, Nov 1, 2008
  2. Dragoncamulos

Tamrac

If you put in the original 512 stick and it works.... then the obvious possibility is you're using an incompatible DDR2 stick. Search for the thread w/c lists all the known RAM modules that worked when our fellow AAO users updated there laptops. Goodluck.

Tamrac, Nov 1, 2008
Ask a Question