Is the Asus X1404ZA-I38128 upgradable

Discussion in 'Asus' started by DaveGxyz, Jun 9, 2024.

1. DaveGxyz

DaveGxyz

I'm looking to by an Asus 14" Vivobook. The specs don't say anything about being able to add memory or a larger drive but a Q&A area on the BestBuy site mentioned that the laptop can take an additional 16gb or RAM and the M2 drive can be swapped for a larger one. According to the service manual the bottom can be unscrewed and the memory and drive can be upgraded.

The Sales rep at Bestbuy said that these entry level laptops can't be upgraded.

DaveGxyz, Jun 9, 2024
  2. DaveGxyz

Invictus

Hi, Dave!

From what I see on internet you laptop can be upgraded with up to 24GB of ram (8GB are soldered to the motherboard) and you can change the m.2 drive (but cannot add second one).

For more information, please check here: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/vivobook-14-x1404za

You can find a disassembly video for you laptop on YouTube.

Hope this helps!

Invictus, Jun 20, 2024
  3. DaveGxyz

jekexp

Hey Gave, the Asus 14" Vivobook is generally designed to be upgradeable. According to user feedback and the service manual, you can add an additional 16GB of RAM and replace the M.2 drive with a larger one by unscrewing the bottom panel. While sales reps may claim that entry-level laptops lack upgrade options, this model allows for both memory and storage upgrades.

jekexp, Jul 2, 2024
Ask a Question