Is the 6 cell battery physically bigger than the 3 cell?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by yegon, Oct 3, 2008.

1. yegon

yegon

I realise the 6 cell battery will be heavier than the 3 cell, but am curious whether it's dimensions are bigger?

Cheers.

yegon, Oct 3, 2008
  2. yegon

goofball

goofball, Oct 3, 2008
  3. yegon

yegon

Thanks, I was looking for a picture comparison but couldn't find one.

yegon, Oct 3, 2008
  4. yegon

Flashfox

It stcks out at the back. However, it makes it easier to type by slightly elevating the rear. IMHO, the small inconvenience of a larger battery is far outweighed by its greatly improved life.

By the way, I owned a Sony Vaio TR3 laptop. It was similar in size to the ONE and its extended life battery also protruded from the rear. It gave me 7 hours! That laptop cost me over $2300.00. The ONE cost me $300.00. Its ATOM processor at 1.6GHz is fater than the TR3's 1 GHz CPU (OK, I was just comparing CPU clock speed). The VAIO had an integrated CD/DVD RW, a 80GB HDD and ran XP. The ONE relies on an external CD/DVD RW, a 120GB HDD and it also runs in XP. For its price, the ONE satisfies 90% of what I used to do with the TR3 :D

Flashfox, Oct 4, 2008
  5. yegon

yegon

Cheers for the info. Like you say, what you get for the price is astounding. My brother bought a Sony Vaio subnotebook a couple of years ago, I forget the exact model, but iirc it cost him at least £1000 and aside from slightly swankier build quality and an optical drive, it offered little more than the AAO I've just bought for £230! Incredible. I've carted around a Macbook Pro for the last couple of years which, for my mobile needs, is complete and utter overkill as on the road I only ever use it for browsing and watching videos. Suddenly I find my bag is a LOT lighter.

I definitely intend to get a 6 cell battery, as the paltry batt life is the only downside I've experienced so far. Not too keen on the mouse button placement either side of the track pad but I'll get used to it.

Still unsure whether to buy the battery below though, not read any reports on it yet;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... d_i=468294

yegon, Oct 4, 2008
  6. yegon

yegon

Took delivery of the 6 cell linked above a couple of days ago. As everyone knows it certainly adds a bit of size and weight but, wow, it's worth it! Used my AAO a lot over the course of yesterday, loads of browsing, video etc, only rarely putting it to sleep when I went off to do other things. Still had 20% batt left by the evening, about an hour in realtime. Great buy, money well spent.

yegon, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question