Is it worth the upgrade from the original?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rory, Apr 13, 2009.

1. rory

rory

Does the A150 Battery work with the D150?

Solved!

Now see post 3

rory, Apr 13, 2009
  2. rory

yohko101

Re: Battery compatibility from old models

hmm, so far, the D150 6-cell battery works fine with the A150. the 3-cell battery was discharged when i switched them both lol

but with the a150 3-cell battery on the d150, it's charging as we speak. i've unplugged it with 3% charged and it still ran, so i think its safe to say that the batteries are interchangeable. ^-^ :lol:

yohko101, Apr 14, 2009
  3. rory

rory

Re: Battery compatibility from old models

Love it, this has kinda convinced me to get a D150 and OS X it, then wait till summer when I'll possibly be working at an Apple store before I get my macbook.
    Big dilemma though... Macbook in 2 weeks time when my student loan comes then a frugal term at uni or get a D150 and have a normal term.
    And before anyone suggests it, not getting a laptop is a sortof last resort. My AAO is really past its best, HDD reads and write are slow, and OS X disc utility says that the hard drive is reporting its broken and i should backup and replace it immediately. ZIFHDD on an A110 btw.
    So is it worth the upgrade all you people who have upgraded?

rory, Apr 14, 2009
  4. rory

yohko101

for me, i personally havent owned an a150 or an a110. So i wouldnt know a difference besides the screen size XD i just got mine the last month, so im a fairly new user. but if i do get a chance, i would still buy a macbook, except that its just expensive lol

yohko101, Apr 14, 2009
  5. rory

jasoraso

I upgraded by selling my 8.9" to my sister :)

The two things I REALLY like about the 10.1" - the screen size for me is a great improvement (even thought the resolution is the same) and the BIGGER battery - 6 hrs instead of 2 hrs!!!!

I'm running Windows 7 it it works great - I did the 2 minute install of an additional 1gb of ram --- runs even better (I also ran Windows 7 on the 8.9").

I also have it dual booting with an UBUNTO linux installation - haven't played around with that too much, though.

jasoraso, Apr 14, 2009
  6. rory

jasoraso

I forgot to mention that the size is a significant difference. Between the additional size (about 3/4 and 1/2 respectively) and the additional weight from the larger battery - there is a significant difference ... but I'm getting used to it ...

One other thing - the heat generated seems to be lower too ...

jasoraso, Apr 14, 2009
  7. rory

ogzapatah

Well, this is my first contribution to this community...

I bought both the 9 inches and the 10 inches AAO, and I will make a brief comparison...

First, I would tell that I believe that in terms of looks, the 10'' wins by far...the 9'' is fairly sexy, but the 10'' is better loking, the metalic finish and detail is very atractive, and the mouse buttons change from the sides to to botton of the mousepad is a nice improvement...

I have to admit that with the 9'' I tend to use ctrl + a lot to increase the size of the text when I am navigating, and I not using this trick so often with the 10''. For a a 10 to 25 minutes work, I find the screen size to make no diference, but when I'am working for longer times, I really do...

My 9'' have the "jet-engine" fan sound that many AAO 9'' have, but so far my 10'' is very silent and less hot...

so far, I am borrowing my 9'' to my girlfriend and keeping the 10'' for me...I will report If I find something of interest in the future, but so far I love BOTH my AAO

ogzapatah, Apr 22, 2009
Ask a Question