Is It Worth It To Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by HappyKoi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. HappyKoi

HappyKoi

I'm using Windows 7 right now, and it's working pretty well for me. I can play my games on it and it can handle the programs I need to use. Is it worth upgrading to one of the newer versions, or should I wait? What are your experiences?

HappyKoi, Sep 5, 2016
  2. HappyKoi

Corzhens

My laptop is also running on Windows 7 for more than 2 years when it was issued to me by our office. If I were to decide, I'd rather stay with the present OS. As they say, why fix it when it ain't broke? However, we cannot stop the advancing technology and I have to understand that. There is word recently that our office will upgrade to Windows 10 before the end of the year so that leaves me with no choice. And I have to admit that I'm apprehensive somehow.

Corzhens, Sep 5, 2016
  3. HappyKoi

SirJoe

The free windows 10 upgrade has finished so from now on you will have to buy it. If someone is still has windows 7 on there computer, it's easy to assume that it's not a recent computer. I would recommend not to do the upgrade since your computer was optimized to run windows 7 and if you do the upgrade you will notice a significant loss in performance.

SirJoe, Sep 5, 2016
  4. HappyKoi

AntonioCalcano

I think it is definitely worth upgrading. Some time ago I would have said no when Windows 10 first came out since it had some issues, but now most of these issues have been addressed and the OS is almost perfect. It's very stable for the most part, specially for gaming you gain a few fps in most modern games over Windows 7, not that many but every bit counts. So if you have the opportunity upgrade, almost all programs and drivers now are supported by Windows 10.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 13, 2016
Ask a Question