Is it possible to upgrade VIDEO BIOS to support rotation?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by techieliang, Mar 17, 2010.

1. techieliang

techieliang

Hi there,

The current AAO D250 doesn't support screen rotation under Windows 7. It seems like that Acer has disabled it in video bios. Is it possible to upgrade video bios to support rotation or use Intel video bios to replace the one supplied by Acer? Thanks.

techieliang, Mar 17, 2010
  2. techieliang

Swarvey Moderator

That sort of thing is usually a restriction of the driver, not the BIOS. I too miss the ability to rotate the screen at the press of a button.

As for updating vGA BIOS's, the first, last and only time I was able to do that was nearly a decade ago with an old PCI nVidia TNT2 card. So yes I'd say it's possible, but you would still need a driver to support the rotation. Since the chip already supports it, we just have to wait for someone to release a Win7 driver with rotation support.

Swarvey, Mar 18, 2010
  3. techieliang

techieliang

Re: Is it possible to upgrade VIDEO BIOS to support rotation

I think it is still the problem of acer. Since I have tried some Samsung netbook display driver, samsung provides a software to rotate the screen and change display to 1024x768. It seems that software worked perfectly on samsung netbook but not on acer's. They are exactly the same chipset.

techieliang, Sep 10, 2010
  4. techieliang

Swarvey Moderator

So are you saying that you used a Samsung driver in the Acer? or just on the Samsung?

I bypass Acer for my graphics drivers and get them straight from Intel for my i945 chipset. As I said in my previous post, under Win XP I was easily able to rotate the screen, but under Win 7 I can't.

Swarvey, Sep 10, 2010
  5. techieliang

nebadom

Where are those Intel Drivers? got a link?

nebadom, Feb 5, 2012
Ask a Question