Is it necessary to install an antivirus?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sefie, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Sefie

Fuzyon

I think it's not worth installing an antivirus on your mobile phone, their hardware and software are limited and an antivirus would take up a lot of resources to run. I've been running my phone without an antivirus for a long time and as long as you don't download anything fishy you should be fine.

Fuzyon, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Sefie

nytegeek

It is absolutely 100% without any doubt nessacary. AVG isn't the best choice but it will do.You are probably better off with something like Panda with the advertising turned off,

nytegeek, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Sefie

Kavon

Nicely said. This is the simple criteria. Some people are saying that you don't need antivirus software if you don't download anything outside the Google Play Store, but that's wrong IMO. Most people start using antivirus software after they have a password stolen, or something similar. Why not just start using it before, as a precaution? You could just download a free app like Malwarebytes, and you could do some scans once in a while.

Kavon, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Sefie

acerme2

I have installed a cache cleaner on my android phone but nothing like an anti-virus. I only use it occasionally to access the internet, like when I'm on the go and can't carry the laptop for some reasons. One thing that I don't plan to do on my android phone is to do online banking. I'm afraid that hackers will find it easier to steal sensitive information on smartphones.

acerme2, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Sefie

something back

Yes neither would I

something back, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Sefie

rz3300

Well on the whole baking on the phone subject, I would have to agree with the users above. I would never feel comfortable enough doing that on my phone, no matter the amount of antivirus or protections or anything. I barely have enough confidence doing it on the computer, where you can see the whole secured site thing. I guess it is just not for everyone.

rz3300, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Sefie

nytegeek

The truth is if you use a magnetic strip card for purchases you are already facing security issues. It doesn't really matter if you use it online or in person. it is not secure. So banking online with a phone isn't going to be the issue.

nytegeek, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Sefie

ajaymehra

It's not necessary to install any Anti-Virus because there is no need on any Anti-Virus is our Android devices, Anti-Virus apps just take space in our phone's storage and that's it and as you are saying that phone has very low storage then never install any apps like - Anti-Virus or Battery Saver otherwise you will not get any good performance from your phone.

ajaymehra, Apr 19, 2019
Ask a Question