Internet Security/public wifi

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Stoker, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Stoker

Stoker

I'm new to linux and would like to know what the risks are of using my AA1 to access the internet via public wifi for financial transactions. I've previously used Windows XP with Firefox, Zonealarm and AVG with complete confidence but feel uneasy about using the AA1 as there doesn't seem to be any Firewall or anti-virus software available. Is this because they aren't necessary?

Stoker, Oct 14, 2008
  2. Stoker

daldred

I'm surprised your searches didn't throw up any of the many threads about this on the forum already. Try this one for starters:http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3265

daldred, Oct 14, 2008
  3. Stoker

Stoker

Thanks for the info David

I guess I've been using the wrong keywords in my searches but I'm not specifically worried about viruses more about spyware and trojans. When I search for "spyware" for example the topics all seem to relate to the Windows version. Again is that because there is no risk spyware being installed on a linux machine?

Stoker, Oct 14, 2008
Ask a Question